Given the health focus, I guess it’d be insensitive to call it a “post-mortem.”
If you’ve been keeping track, and bless you, I made it until about day 26 before all home improvement hell broke loose and blogging was rapidly deprioritized in favor of demolition, installation, and sleep. Sweet, sweet sleep.
I appreciate your patience as readers for putting up with a such a monotonous project. My goal was quantity, not quality, and I did better than I ever have with a time-limited creation goal (don’t see also: Sept 2012 30-day Photo Challenge and NaNoWriMo 2011). 27 out of 30 is almost in the 90 percents — a solid A-, so I’m satisfied.
I think it was also good to vomit out a few parts of my health story and then beat it to death. It’s not something I normally write about for shits and giggles (I leave that to the Crohn’s crews). But MS is a part of my life story, a part of who I am, and a big part of what made me into the grown-up I am today, for better and for worse.
Looking forward, December will be crazy, with more looming home improvement projects that have to be completed before international family come to visit, and then going to visit some other international family right after Christmas. I’m also starting a new work project that promises to be both a fun challenge and a great work-life fit for us.
Where will blogging fit in? Where is always has, in my decompression chamber and bully pulpit and kitchen laboratory. I hope your next month is as rich and wild as ours. Let’s keep in touch, okay?
For the future historians’ convenience, here are the NHBPM posts I did get written:
- Why I Write About My Health (NHBPM 1)
- A quotation (NHBPM 2)
- a prequel — Why all these health-related posts all of a sudden?
- I don’t know about this…but I’d like to. (NHBPM 3)
- Disclosure (NHBPM 4)
- Health Activist Soapbox (NHBPM 5)
- Things I’m Thankful for Today (NHBPM 6)
- In which I redesign a doctor’s exam room to my liking (NHBPM 7)
- Writing about others (NHBPM 8)
- A Care Package for Fat Girl Fitness (NHBPM 9)
- Terrible/Wonderful Things I Saw While Thrifting (NHBPM 10)
- Anatomy, updated (NHBPM 11)
- My favorite health app is: cooking (NHBPM 12)
- My favorite health book? (NHBPM 13)
- If my life were a reality show, it would be called Kitchen Boners (NHBPM 14)
- Raising awareness for a difference condition (NHBPM 15)
- A comic snapshot from my life (NHBPM 16)
- A playlist for MS (NHBPM 17)
- If I could change one thing about health care (NHBPM 18)
- Questions I have for other patients (NHBPM 19)
- Everybody has an opinion on complementary and alternative therapy (NHBPM 20)
- Mental health is a misnomer (NHBPM 21)
- An attitude of Thanksgratitude (NHBPM 22)
- Taking a pass on (NHBPM 23)
- What would you do with more hours in a day? (NHBPM 24)
- Where do you see yourself in five years? The evolution of a patient’s goals (NHBPM 25)
- An MS meme and a kitchen update (NHBPM 26)
- National Health Blog Post Month (NHBPM 30) (you’re soaking in it)
Thanks again for reading.